LATAH COUNTY PROSECUTOR’S OFFICE
WILLIAM W. THOMPSON, JR.
Latah County Courthouse
P.O. Box 8068
Moscow, Idaho 83843-0568
(208) 882-8580 Ext. 3316
ISB No. 2613
IN THE DISTRICT COURT OF THE SECOND JUDICIAL DISTRICT OF THE STATE OF IDAHO, IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF LATAH
STATE OF IDAHO,
JAMIN C. WIGHT,
Case No. CR-2005-002500
RULE 11 PLEA AGREEMENT
COMES NOW THE STATE OF IDAHO, by and through its attorney, William W. Thompson, Jr., Prosecuting Attorney, and Defendant JAMIN C. WIGHT, and his attorney, James E. Siebe, and pursuant to Rule 11(d)(1)(C), Idaho Criminal Rules, submit the following Plea Agreement to the Court for its acceptance or rejection:
- That the Defendant shall enter a guilty plea in Latah County Case CR-2005-002500 to the charge of SEXUAL ABUSE OF A CHILD, Idaho code 18-1506, a felony, as stated in Count I the Criminal Information filed herein, and Counts II and III will be dismissed by the State;
- That the State and the Defendant agree that the appropriate disposition of this matter is as follows:
The defendant will receive a withheld judgment and be placed on probation to the Idaho Department of Correction for a period of five (5) years under the court’s standard terms of probation plus the following:
- The defendant shall serve thirty (30) days in the Latah County Jail with work release authorized in accordance with the policy of the Latah County Jail.
- The defendant shall attend and complete sex offender treatment.
- That any other terms of sentencing and conditions of probation, including fine or other financial assessment, are not the subject of this agreement, and both parties are free to make what recommendations they believe to be appropriate.
- The parties acknowledge and agree that the defendant will be eligible to apply for relief pursuant to Idaho Code 18-8310 at the end of ten years assuming that he meets the criteria for such relief.
- Defendant understands (a) the nature of the charge to which he agrees to plead guilty and acknowledges that he is not being coerced into entering his plea of guilty; (b) the consequences of pleading guilty, including the maximum penalties that may be imposed and any mandatory minimum penalties; and that (c) by pleading guilty he will waive his rights to a jury trial, to confront accusers, and to refrain from incriminating himself. Defendant further acknowledges that he is satisfied with his legal representation, has reviewed with his attorney all possible defenses, and by his plea of guilty voluntarily waives those defenses. Defendant also understands that he has a right to appeal the judgment and sentence of the Court herein and hereby freely and voluntarily waives such appeal rights and his right to appeal any subsequent decisions of the Court relative to motions for reduction of sentence pursuant to I.C.R. 35.
- This agreement is entered into pursuant to I.C.R. 11(d)(1)(C); Defendant understands if the Court does not accept the sentencing recommendations of the parties that he shall be afforded the opportunity to withdraw his plea of guilty except as provided below.
- This plea agreement is based upon the facts and circumstances as they exist at the date of the signing of this agreement. The defendant acknowledges, covenants and agrees that during the period of time between the date of this agreement and the date of sentencing, he will not violate any law nor fail to comply with any conditions of his release on bond or other conditions ordered by the Court, and shall cooperate fully with any presentence investigation ordered herein. Should the defendant in any way breach these agreements and covenants, the State is released from any obligations hereunder regarding an appropriate sentencing disposition, the Court may sentence the defendant up to the maximum authorized by law and the defendant shall not be afforded the opportunity to withdraw his plea of guilty. The defendant expressly agrees that the burden of proof for determining whether the defendant has breached any of said agreements or covenants shall be a preponderance of the evidence only.
- This is the entire agreement and understanding between the parties.
IT IS SO STIPULATED this 8 day of March, 2006.
William W. Thompson, Jr.
James E. Siebe
Counsel for Defendant
Jamin C. Wight
JAMIN C. WIGHT