IN THE DISTRICT COURT OF THE SECOND JUDICIAL DISTRICT OF THE STATE OF IDAHO, IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF LATAH
In the Matter of the
Application for a Search
Warrant for [redacted]
Latah County, Idaho
Case No. 2005-2500
TO: ANY PEACE OFFICER AUTHORIZED TO ENFORCE OR ASSIST IN ENFORCING ANY LAW OF THE STATE OF IDAHO.
Casey R. Green, having given me proof, upon oath, this day showing probable cause establishing grounds for issuing a search war and probable cause to believe property consisting of:
AND ANY REPRODUCTIONS OR PHOTOCOPIES OF THE JOURNAL CONTENTS,
* A journal, approximately 6″ wide, 8″ long and ½ thick, bound with a cardboard cover with a floral print, black and orange in color. On the inside of the front cover is written “to Jamin from [redacted].” There are several other notes taped inside the journal that hang outside the binding.
* A laptop computer;
* Sexually exploitive material, including any and all visual depictions in any format or media, or evidence of children engaging in, or being used for, explicit sexual conduct, all as defined in I.C. 18-507.
* Electronic data and information compilations and equipment, software and manuals,hardware, computer disks, disk drives, monitors, printers, modems, tape drives,disk application programs, data disks, system disk operating systems, magnetic media floppy disks, tape system and hardware and other computer related operating equipment which depict or are or may be used to depict child pornography material or sexually exploitive materials, or which may contain ledgers, papers, lists, books or other documentation, indicating preparation, publication, production, promotion, creation, sale, financing, offering, exhibiting, advertising, dealing in, possessing or distributing and sexually exploitive material for any purpose including commercial purposes within the meaning of Idaho Code 18-1507, and documentation of original statement;; and
* In order to completely and accurately retrieve data maintained in computer hardware or on the computer software, all computer equipment, peripherals, related instructions in the form of manual and notes, as well as the software utilized to operate such a computer
* Indicia of residence, ownership or occupancy.
is located in or upon the following described premises, located in Latah County, State of Idaho, its grounds and out buildings, and certain vehicles and conveyances, to-wit:
[redacted], City of Moscow, Latah County, Idaho. The residence is located on the south side of [redacted] and faces north. The residence is constructed of gray cinder block and has gray siding with maroon trim. The main entrance, a teal exterior door, is on the north side of the home. The numbers [redacted] are written in black on teal tiles which are hung on a post in front of the main entrance. The residence has a one-car garage with a brown door. The entrance Jamin Wight’s room is located in the southeast corner of the garage. Wight’s room is separated from the garage by a white door.
and upon certain persons, to-wit: N/A;
YOU ARE THEREFORE COMMANDED TO SEARCH the above-described premises and persons for the property described above, TO SEIZE it if found and to bring it promptly before the Court above named. THIS WARRANT SHALL BE EXECUTED
WITHINONE DAY SOF ISSUANCE, AND IS AUTHORIZED FOR DAYTIME AND NIGHTTIMESERVICE, AND UNDER THE FOLLOWING SPECIAL DIRECTIONS: Daytime Only
GIVEN UNDER MY HAND and DATED this 17th day of August, 2005, at 16:20.